Conflict Resolution

ASK Resource Center - Authorization to Release Information

This form allows authorization for the individuals, agencies, or organizations listed on it to release, exchange and discuss confidential information regarding my child with ASK Resource Center including verbal and/or written exchange of information, access to educational records and access to the following records (list any educational, healthcare, or other records requested). This release is valid for a period of one year, unless withdrawn or superseded in writing prior to that time.

Read the ASK Resource Center PDF

Conflict Resolution Options in Special Education

Learn the ways to formally address and resolve disputes related to Special Education services and supports.

Learn About Your Options

Legal Resources in Iowa

ASK Resource Center maintains a list of private attorneys and statewide programs that may be able to assist or represent individuals with disabilities in issues related to disability law and Special Education Mediation, as well as establishing competency, guardianship, and special needs trusts.

Explore Legal Resources

The Center for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education (CADRE)

The CADRE's major emphasis is on encouraging the use of mediation, facilitation, and other collaborative processes as strategies for resolving disagreements between parents and schools about children's educational programs and support services.

Learn More