Family to Family Health Information
ASK is Iowa’s Family to Family Health Information Center (F2F) and is a federally funded project of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, #H84MC24065. The F2F provides a central source for families of children and young adults with special health care needs and disabilities to obtain supports, advocacy, and information. We work to enhance access to quality health care and community services.
We are dedicated to the ideal “nothing about us, without us” supporting families to have a stakeholder voice at all levels of health policy. F2F promotes family-centered care and family/professional collaboration for every individual family. F2F can help you with:
- Finding home and community-based services for your child and family
- Understanding eligibility for Title V, Medicaid, or other state agency services
- Understanding private health insurance
- Communicating with medical providers
- Understanding your child’s medical condition
- Connecting to a disability-specific support organization or group
- Finding parent to parent mentor support
- Building leadership skills and partnering with professionals to improve systems of care
- Finding culturally and linguistically appropriate services
ASK serves as the Family Voices State Affiliate and is a member of the Family Voices national network.